Spiritual Adoption Prayer:
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.
Standing Local Court Rules: 2018-2019
1. The court will pay the State and National dues for CDA members who permanently reside in an extended care facility. Families or other CDA members may pay these dues if desired.
2. The court will pay the membership dues for a member with 50 years or more of membership in CDA.
3. Upon the death of a CDA member, a sympathy card will be sent to the family with a note stating a mass will be offered in her memory per Sunshine committee chair. The treasurer will arrange for the mass intention. The Regent will contact the coordinator of the funeral arrangements and with approval of the family, an honor guard of Court members will recite the rosary prior to the funeral mass and the Hail Mary as the family exits the church.
4. In memory of our deceased members, the Court will donate $10 to light a candle for one week at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe located in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
5. A congratulatory card and $20 will be sent by the recording secretary for the celebration of a Court’s anniversary or for the reception of a new Court.
6. The Court will choose which of the 10 National Charities to support with up to a total of $100.
7. Court St. Charles will conduct 9 business meetings within a 12 month period. Officers to determine which months that meetings will be held.
8. The Court will give $35 to Father for CDA Priest Appreciation Day, June 9, 2019.
9. Based on the Court Officers’ discretion, a meeting speaker(s) will be given a minimum of $35 in appreciation of the individuals’ time and/or organization.
10. Based on the Court Officers’ discretion, donations for charitable organizations requested by a speaker will not be voted on until the next meeting.
11. The Court will donate $200 for Faith Formation needs.
12. The Court will award the Dotty Jones Scholarship for $500 to a parish student.
13. The Court will pay expenses for members attending State workshops and conventions as outlined in the 2018-2019 budget.
14. The Court will use the current mileage rate per MN CDA when traveling by car to attend an approved CDA sponsored event (e.g. workshop, convention.)
15. Items in adopted budget are approved for payment October 2108.
National CDA Projects: (connect to the national website for descriptions of these organizations: www.catholicdaughtes.org)
Laboure Society Holy Cross Family Ministries National Center for Sexual Exploitation Support Our Aging Religious (S.O.A.R.) Habitat for Humanity
Charities Endorsed by National CDA:
The North American College-Rome Catholic Relief Services The Disaster Relief Fund Apostleship of the Sea Covenant House Mother Theresa Tutwiler Clinic
Misericordia Project Handclasp The Smile Train
State CDA Project:
Support of the Seminarians in the 5 Dioceses of Minnesota and the Archdiocese of St. Paul
Local Charities (supported by our Community “500” Card Party proceeds):
2018 Recipients were: Season’s Hospice, Dorothy Day Hospitality House, Family Promise, SCES Backpack Program, SEMCAC, Ronald McDonald House and the SE MN Resource and Referral Center.