Spiritual Adoption Prayer:
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I love you very much. I beg you to spare the life of the unborn baby that I have spiritually adopted who is in danger of abortion.
Standing Local Court Rules:
1. The court will pay the State and National dues for CDA members who permanently reside in an extended care facility. Families or other CDA members may pay these dues if desired.
2. Yearly Christmas baskets will be given to those in special need.
3. The court will pay Father a $20.00 stipend for each installation mass of new officers and/or new members.
4. The court will give $30.00 to Father annually on CDA Priest Appreciation Day.
5. Upon the death of a CDA member, a sympathy card will be sent to the family by the Regent and arrangements will be made for a mass to be offered in their honor. An honor guard of court members will recite the rosary prior to the funeral mass and the Hail Mary as the family exits the church.
6. Funds permitting, the court will pay the registration fee, hotel costs, working meals, and travel expenses for members attending State workshops and conventions.
7. Funds permitting, the court will pay the registration fee, hotel costs, working meals, and travel expenses for delegates to the National convention.
8. The court will conduct an annual baby activity to promote a Pro-Life stance.
9. Based on the Officers’ discretion, a meeting speaker(s) will be given a minimum of $25.00 in appreciation of the individual’s time and/or organization.
10. Based on the Officers’ discretion, donations for organizations requested by a speaker will not be voted on until the next meeting.
11. Court members will annually participate in the Prayer Partner Program for First Communion students.
12. Funds permitting the court will provide a congratulatory card and $10.00 to $25.00 when invited to the celebration of a court’s anniversary or for the reception of a new court.
13. Funds permitting, the court will donate up to $400.00 per year for the purchase of bibles for the Tri-Parish confirmation students.
14. The court will annually donate $20.00 to each National project.
15. In memory of our deceased members, the court will donate $10.00 to light candles for one week at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe located in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
16. A mass offering will occur at all masses for Respect Life Sunday in October and the Roe vs. Wade Anniversary in January.
17. Funds permitting, the court will purchase a Regent’s pin or an item of equivalent value upon the completion of the Regent’s term of office.
18. The court will pay the membership dues for a member with 50 years or more of membership in CDA.
19. Funds permitting, the court will award the Dotty Jones Scholarship(s) to Tri-parish student(s).
20. Items listed in Standing Motions AND are included in the adopted budget are approved for payment.
National CDA Projects: (connect to the national website for descriptions of these organizations: www.catholicdaughtes.org)
Laboure Society Holy Cross Family Ministries National Center for Sexual Exploitation Support Our Aging Religious (S.O.A.R.) Habitat for Humanity
Charities Endorsed by National CDA:
The North American College-Rome Catholic Relief Services The Disaster Relief Fund Apostleship of the Sea Covenant House Mother Theresa Tutwiler Clinic
Misericordia Project Handclasp The Smile Train
State CDA Project:
Support of the Seminarians in the 5 Dioceses of Minnesota and the Archdiocese of St. Paul
Local Charities (supported by our Community “500” Card Party proceeds):
2018 Recipients were: Season’s Hospice, Dorothy Day Hospitality House, Family Promise, SCES Backpack Program, SEMCAC, Ronald McDonald House and the SE MN Resource and Referral Center.